The terms “we”, “us” and “our” are used to refer to Carmichael International Service.
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, Carmichael International Service is the data controller of information collected through this Site.
1. Information Collected on the Site
Personal information means information about an identifiable individual and may include your name, address, telephone and fax number, e-mail address, financial information, such as a credit card number, and employment-related information, such as may be found on a resume or job application. Personal information does not include business contact information (e.g., office address, switchboard telephone number) in those jurisdictions which do not recognize such information as being personal information.
We collect the following kinds of personal information through this Site:
- Information about you, such as your name, address, email and other contact details, your account details when you register with us and any bank account or other payment details you give us, jobs you are interested in and your relevant experience, qualifications and salary when you apply for a job with us;
- Information about your use of our services, such as details of your bookings;
- Details about services we have provided to you in the past;
- Information about your use of the Site; and
- Any other information you provide us when you contact us, including when you use our inquiry form, telephone number, email address or write to our postal address, or which you provide to us through our ethics reporting resource.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any User ID which may be assigned to you, as well as any account number, account name, or passwords, if applicable, for the services you utilize through the Site.
2. How we use your personal information and our lawful basis for doing so
We process your personal information for the following purposes and in accordance with the following lawful grounds:
- to identify you and to verify your identity, for our legitimate interest of fraud detention and protection and to enable us to carry out our contract with you (if applicable);
- to allow us to contact you for service(s) or opportunities as requested by you, such as customer service or information about the provision of our services, in accordance with our legitimate interest to communicate with customers and potential customers about our services;
- to allow you to apply for employment and to provide you with information about a job opportunity if you have submitted a resume on-line, in accordance with our legitimate interest to hire new staff;
- to make improvements to materials or products offered on the Site and to the Site in general, in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so;
- to enable Registered Users to access the functionalities described on the Site, including without limitation, tracking shipments, and viewing outstanding charges, in order to fulfil our contract with you;
- to obtain other user-specific information where we need more information to provide you with services you have requested in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you;
- where legally required or where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, to comply with requests from law enforcement and regulatory authorities;
- to obtain legal advice in accordance with our legitimate interest to do so, or in order to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, depending on the circumstances;
- to consult our professional advisors, for example for audit purposes, in accordance with our legitimate interest to operate our business efficiently and transparently;
- to notify Registered Users about important changes to the Site or promotions or opportunities. For this processing we rely on our legitimate interest to contact you about our services. You may always decline to receive these messages by following the process to Opt Out as described below or as described within a particular message;
- When ordering products or services on the Site, you may be asked to provide a credit card number. Depending on the activity, some of the information that we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory data with respect to a particular activity, you will not be able to engage in that activity. We process this payment information in order to carry out a contract with you.
Your e-mail address is collected to send you an e-mail message confirming your new member registration as well as confirmations for other services you transact with us on-line.
We will deactivate accounts of Registered Users that have been inactive for an extended period of time.
Registered Users may access and change their information at any time via the Site as described in Section 10 below.
How we share your Personal Information with Third Parties
We have established relationships with various service providers whose services are available to you from this Site or from websites that are linked to this Site or who support us by providing services which are transparent to you. Typically, these providers offer services that you might find useful, such as those that can be used in conjunction with our services and products. In order to use those services, you may be required to provide personal information to the providers.
These include, for example, providers of:
- website support and other IT services;
- payment support services;
- transport services;
- warehousing services;
- freight forwarding services;
- consolidation services;
- custom clearance services;
- ports and terminals–related services;
- legal advisors, auditors and accounts;
- ethics reporting resource; and
- all other logistics services not already mentioned above.
If we sell assets (or the assets of a division or subsidiary) to another entity, or we (or a division or subsidiary) are acquired by, or merged with, another entity, we may provide to such entity your personal information that is related to that part of our business that was sold to or merged with the other entity without your consent.
5. How long we keep your Information
We hold your personal information for as long as we need to for legitimate legal or business reasons, including to comply with any regulatory obligations. How long we keep your information depends on the record types and our relationship with you.
6. Links to Third Party Websites
The Site does not use persistent or stored cookies; however, it does use temporary or session cookies.
Temporary or session cookies act as a randomly generated session ID; they last only while the Registered User is logged onto the Site, and are cancelled at the end of the session (i.e., the Registered User logs out of the Site or closes their Web browser program).
The Site uses temporary cookies for security purposes. Each time a Registered User logs onto the Site, the Site server generates a temporary session ID, which it associates with the user's login name, password and device, such as a computer or mobile phone, during that particular session.
This allows the Registered User to move from page to page in the Site during a specific session, without having to re-enter the user login name and/or password. The temporary cookie allows the Site server to continuously verify that the user is a permitted user as the user moves from page to page during a specific session.
When the Registered User logs out of the Site, the temporary session ID is cancelled, and is removed from the temporary memory of the user's device; and the association in the Site server between the temporary session ID and the specific user login name and password is also terminated.
We also use log files for anonymous site usage analysis. A "log file" is a data file that records a Registered User's activity while using the Site.
We store information received from Registered Users on secure computers. Only a small number of our employees and/or contractors have physical access to these computers. We use firewalls and other security technology to prevent our computers from being accessed by unauthorized persons.
While we have taken measures to protect Registered Users' information, please know that (i) no computer system is immune from intrusion; and (ii) information transmitted to the Site may need to pass through many systems in order to process such information. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security or confidentiality of information transmitted to the Site.
10. Your Rights, and Updating Your Personal Information
At any time, you can access and correct your personal information and update your privacy preferences, including exercising your right to unsubscribe as a Registered User of the Site, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Registered User, you will occasionally receive e-mail messages from us about products and services we offer which we think you might be interested in. If you would prefer not to receive these messages you may opt out by following the instructions within the e-mail message or by contacting us. We reserve the right to limit certain services to Registered Users who will accept e-mail messages.
Where applicable State law applies, depending on the lawful grounds which we are using to process the personal information in question and on your reasons, you also have the rights to ask us to:
- delete your information,
- correct (rectify) it,
- restrict it (ie. stop us from using it),
- object to us using it for marketing or other purposes, and
- to ask us to transfer it to an alternative service provider.
Our response will depend on our justification for processing the personal information and on the lawful grounds we are relying on for processing that information.
Please use the contact details below when you contact us to exercise your rights. In your communication to us, please provide proof of your identification (such as a copy of your passport, driving licence or other valid ID card and a proof of address such as a recent utility bill).
11. Contact Us
If you have any inquiries or concerns with respect to your personal information or you have other related inquiries or concerns, you may write to either of our Data Protection Officers:
Mr Vince Salvo
Email: email@example.com or
Mr. Steve Murdoch
Please note that if you provide us with inconsistent privacy preferences (for example, by indicating on one occasion that third parties may contact you with marketing offers and indicating on another occasion that they may not), we cannot guarantee that your most recent privacy preference will be honoured.